TNR
Kos discusses The New Republic:
Jane is angry:
(I wish Jane, her mother, and her family the best.)
Atrios responds with ridicule:
Ezra uses logic:
And Max calls the publisher of TNR "Marty Jabotinsky Peretz". Priceless.
Markos, for all of my problems with him, is scaring the hell out of those who consider themselves the only fit people to give an opinion and issue diktats (See Broder below).
.
It is now beyond clear that the dying New Republic is mortally wounded and cornered, desperate for relevance. It has lost half its circulation since the blogs arrived on the scene and they no longer (thank heavens!) have a monopoly on progressive punditry. We have hit their bottom line, we are hitting their patron saint hard (Joe Lieberman) and this is how they respond. By going after the entire movement.
Jane is angry:
I got a call this morning that Christy and I had been attacked in The New Republic for staying silent on some particular matter because Kos had ordered us to do so. I have not posted since last Friday night, have not had internet access at the hospital and have only had moments at home when I could grab quick glances at the blog. I have no idea what’s going on in the world, let alone the internecine politics of greater blogistan. Christy is working like a dog just trying to keep the blog going. Had TNR bothered to ask or even take a passing glance at FDL they could have figured that out, but they didn’t. They obviously did no research — just took someone’s word for this particular smear. As did the Hotline Blogometer. I’m not quite sure how I became the poster girl for something I wasn’t even around for, but the attack is obviously not grounded in anything having to do with us. Or Kos. Or responsible journalism, for that matter.
(I wish Jane, her mother, and her family the best.)
Atrios responds with ridicule:
I'm the monkey, and when Markos (who is worse than Hitler) says dance, I DANCE! Otherwise, the kitties don't eat. You understand my position.
I thought we solved all this stuff at the last blogger ethics panel.
Ezra uses logic:
Zengerle's follow-up post is a series of dark insinuations over the financial leverage Kos holds on the other bloggers. As the causal chain goes, Markos and Jerome founded the Liberal BlogAds Network, and thus have their talons lightly piercing the skin of all of our necks. The idea here is that Kos asked the other bloggers not to write about Jerome's closed SEC scandal, and because he can deny them revenue by expelling them from the list, a thousand keyboards instantly ceased clicking.
And Max calls the publisher of TNR "Marty Jabotinsky Peretz". Priceless.
Markos, for all of my problems with him, is scaring the hell out of those who consider themselves the only fit people to give an opinion and issue diktats (See Broder below).
.








<< Home