Oy
What we're up against:
"As far as I am concerned, and I hope any true-blooded American would agree, President Bush can tap my phone night and day if he cares to." "I would much rather live in safety, enjoying my freedom [...]" Notice any contradiction there, Tara?
.
Listen in, please
A Feb. 15 letter, "Bush's Game Plan," was an appalled reaction to your front-page story "Bush: LA Tower Was Terror Target." Apparently, to one reader, our government preventing another 9/11-style attack doesn't qualify as front-page news. However, what does qualify is the president's use of "warrantless wiretapping" to defend our nation's freedom.
As far as I am concerned, and I hope any true-blooded American would agree, President Bush can tap my phone night and day if he cares to. I'm sure it is of great interest to Homeland Security to learn that I had a bad day at work, and I'm almost certain that my weekend plans will be the buzz around the CIA offices. The only people who should be concerned about this are the ones who present a threat to our great nation and its security.
The president is using this "truly scary power grab" to look for threats against our nation and plots to kill hundreds, if not thousands of innocent Americans. He is only doing his job in trying to protect us, and if he didn't what would you blame him for then? Not tapping our phones of course!
I would much rather live in safety, enjoying my freedom -- while the president taps phones in search of terror-related conversations -- than to live in a state of fear of being blown up the next time I go to the grocery store, while our government turns a deaf ear to a major communication line between terrorist cells.
To me, the only truly scary thing about all of this is what could happen if the president does not tap our phones. But maybe that would make for a more appealing front-page story.
TARA PETRONIC
Franklin Park
"As far as I am concerned, and I hope any true-blooded American would agree, President Bush can tap my phone night and day if he cares to." "I would much rather live in safety, enjoying my freedom [...]" Notice any contradiction there, Tara?
.








<< Home